Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Closet for the Week of June 11th

Two years of arguing, traveling and skateboarding came to an end on one Thursday night at The Ashley with the premiere of our 5th video “Six Piece”. This being a quite anticipated video up until Thursday night, many people from all over showed up from all over the state. The crowd loud and anxious the video started off with Jack Runnells having first part. I think the crowd was quite stunned by this, seeing’s the last 3 have been started off with Brandon. In the end I believe the people were hyped when it was all done. Tim Kulas told me “it was by far the best damn shop video I’ve ever seen”. So if you haven’t see it get yourself a copy. When you pick up a copy of Six Piece you will find that our 4th video “Take Five” will be included. Brandon finished up the video with last part, or at least that’s what you thought the credits roll and the screen goes black. If you haven’t seen it yet I won’t ruin it for you but what comes next is pretty good.

I have to say my favorite part just for overall flow and just getting you in the mood to skate would have to be Steve’s part. Skating to Rappin’4 tay’s “Playas Club” made this part one no one will forget. Mitch’s part too is a part that took skateboarding to new levels, with his switch stance skateboarding as natural as his normal stance Mitch came thru with a damn fine part. Who in the hell switch frontsides wheelchair ramps? John’s part definitely too was a part that I think deserves a lot of respect, although he didn’t have last part in this one, the tricks are by far of the quality of a last part in any video. One thing about John’s parts is he always has tricks around town on things that most people don’t even look at for skating which I think always add’s to his parts. I cannot say for sure, but I think the next video for sure will have a kickflip over a certain gap off MLK Blvd in east Stuart.

On the home front news, Mitch is temporarily residing in St. Augustine with his girlfriend. Teak is California dreaming for a few more weeks, I’m stuck here in Brolando, and John is trying to make it to SF for a few weeks. Double disc dvd’s are ready for sale at the shop, Take Five / Six Piece combo stop by and pick it up. I’m sick of seeing myself on the top 3 so I am taking over that column and will be doing it from here on out, so expect to see some new top 3’s in the near future from, Brad, Ryan Ricci, the guys down at Gum Sole and I think a Clint top 3 would be pretty good too. So keep and eye out for those to be coming soon. How about them Spurs? Forrest Kirby is pretty hyped im sure. Unfortunately for now that is all, check back by the end of the week for a new top 3…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Custom Search