Monday, July 09, 2007

Closet for the Week of July 9th

So here I am for some more ramblings from the closet. So my vacation to NY was pretty good. Started off Friday night around 9pm after I picked up my friend Kristen, from Jensen. Drove up I-85 to somewhere in Georgia; Saturday morning till about 4 am and took a short nap and continued my way to Atlanta, arrived in ATL around 8 am and waited about two hours ate at Varsity and spotted this from the parking lot, no longer is it the bellsouth builing its ATT now.

Then I gave Russ a call, and to my luck Russ was in Jensen for his birthday. Happy Birthday buddy. The one weekend I drive to ATL he chooses to go back to Jensen. So from Atlanta I drove about 4 more hours to South Carolina. Stopped by a waterfall for a hot second and then got back on the road.


Drove thru Raleigh, NC saw the long marble benches that they skated in Hot Chocolate Tour, and a few other spots. I called it a day shortly after making it out of Raleigh. The next day we made it thru Washington DC and stayed in Baltimore. Baltimore is a sketchy ass place. I payed something like $89 for a hotel that I thought was the Bates Motel, it was sketch, but I needed to sleep. The next day I stopped by Philly to see Mazur and see whats been happening around Philly, Pete Eldridge is Mazur neighbor and he came over and we went to lunch. After launch with them we packed up and finally got to New York, drove around and finally found a hotel, it looked normal from the lobby and then when we got out of the elevator I thought for sure we were gonna see to twins walk around the corner. Holly shit I thought I we were stuck in the shining. Thank god I only paiid for one night cause the next day we were out of there and I was getting a normal hotel hopefully. The next 2 nights where at a finally normal hotel, no mirrors and sketchy writings on the walls. I came real close to getting a 561 tattoo, but deciede that someone else other than Jack is gonna have to get one with me and that some place I stumbled upon in NY isnt a good idea. Gave Kristen the tourist tour of NY and took her to a few skatespots while I asked for a bit.



Spent the 4th in Battery Park watching the fireworks and the next day, met up with a friend who is incharge of the Howard Stern Show and got a full tour of the studio. It's definitly way bigger than you could ever imagine it to be. Left NY later that day for the trek home. Stopped by Richmond,Va hoping to meet up with COOF for a little skateboarding, but he never called back so we spent the night there and left the next day. Three miles exactly from the NC State boarder, one of VA's finest decided that he would give me a speeding ticket. 80 in a 65. Tight.


Teak should be in the shop by next week at the latest he is currently 28 hours in and just got to New Orleans. Some Dope and Rap is playing and I think its like 100+ degrees outside. Maybe a midnight skate session tonight if I am luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Custom Search