Monday, August 13, 2007

So its been a long ass weekend without a doubt. Friday, Brandon, Ryan O'Connor and myself left Orlando here to go down to Stuville for weekend. We made a quick stop at Malabar seeings Ryan has never got to skate it before. He did a few tricks and we were back on our way south. When we got there, I dropped the two off at the shop and I had to do a few things. Ended up meeting up with them at the beach and then went to golden gate for a quick session. I think by far it was one of the best sessions I have seen go down at good old golden gate. Ryan and Brandon doing back to back 360 flips across the pyramid and a ton of other tricks. Saturday we went up to Undercover Skateshop for round two of their grand opening and best trick contest. Ryan won the best trick contest with a so many tricks it was amazing. Brandon, Ryan and myself went skate Tim Kulas's new mini ramp in Ft. Pierce right up the street from the shop. Every one was having fun until this...


Gumby Leg

So Ryan was doing a fs ollie and slipped out and broke it in two places. A fracture and a spiral fracture is what the doctor said. So Brandon, his boo and myself where at the hospital until 4 am Sunday morning.


Ryan and Brandon

Ryan called me 5 times once I left the hospital. Every hour on the hour. I think while I was there he called everyone in his phone book twice.




So Ryan ended up with a plate and some screws. He has been in the hospital since Saturday night, and the bills are starting to pile up on him. I am in the process of putting together a benefit contest for him to help out pay the bills. It is looking like the date will be Saturday Sept. 22, out front of Undercover Skateshop. I would love to do it at a skate park but I know I will get a lot more peole to show knowing they dont need a skate card or pads to skate. It was such a good weekend, for Ryan up until this happend. He filmed 4 tricks and a run, won $200 bucks, and was having a good time.



Here is Tim with a backside lip, and Ryan lurking in the shadows.

Well this it for now. I will keep everyone posted on Ryan's status and the contest specs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Custom Search